Friday 24 December 2010

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!!

It has been a momentous year for Dreamaid. Numerous press releases and appearances, articles in magazines, TV appearance on the BBC, but the best thing has been the growing community of like minded people.

For me the highlight of the year has been the launch of the Friends For Steet Children in Vietnam project. The original objective of Dreamaid was to help people and Dreamaid is for me a philanthropic and socio-economic business with an innovative model. To see that we are genuinely helping people already is a great boost in a difficult eonomic environment.

Two weeks ago we had our first Craft stall in Aberdeen at a school fair where we sold only the products made by the FFSC orphans. I believe we made £162 selling for these young people and in doing so were able to do some face to face promotion of the site. Given we only had one days notice to arrange this event I was delighted :)

I realise I am remiss at blogging, facebook and all the social media but it doesn't do my tennis elbow any good and I find it difficult to keep up with the volume of interchange. Please don't take my relative absence negatively but having tried everything bar surgery I try to minimise my time on the keyboard...

We have grown steadily which is the only sensible way in this arena and will continue to stick to our core ethical way forward. We are so grateful for your continued support and hope that together we can make a great success not only for our buyers and sellers but for those whose dreams are so humble and modest.

Have a wonderful festive season and may all your dreams come true in the coming year!

Best wishes,

Peter McAteer

1 comment:

Chrissy C said...

Best wishes to you all too